The European Christian Political Movement (ECPM) is a European political party with a Christian Social identity.
This platform had started in November 2002 when representatives of political parties from more than 15 countries decided to examine new chances for Christian politics in Europe at the conference “For a Christian Europe” at Lakitelek, Hungary. Parties residing in and outside the EU participated in this first years and made it possible to create a movement that is solidly continuing. In 2003 the ECPM adopted eight Guiding Principles in the Lakitelek declaration “Values for Europe”, which shape ECPM’s vision on Europe and in January 2005 in Tallinn the ECPM elected its first board. On 15 September 2005 ECPM was officially registered with statutes as an association under Dutch law. At the moment a growing number of parties and movements are participating in this new movement. For a growing number of parties and thinktanks the ECPM fills a gap in the European political landscape. The ECPM is not affiliated to any of the political groups in the European Parliament. Our goal is to build and reflect on Christian-democracy in Europe at all political levels from an explicit Christian-social point of view. In 2010 ECPM was officially recognized by the European Parliament as a European Party. Since then, ECPM receives 85% of its subsidies from the European Parliament. The other 15% of funding is a result of donations.
According to our goal, we act and reflect on a broad range of themes and issues. The ECPM tries to focus on:
The ECPM enjoys the informal atmosphere and the broad possibilities to participate. Parties, think tanks and individual politicians can participate in activities as theme conferences and work meetings.
Youth movements are also welcome in the European Christian Political Youth (www.ecpyouth.eu) that started in 2004 and installed its first board in summer 2005.
We hope to continue in the following years and build a network of Christian-democratic action and reflection in Europe and beyond.
More questions can be answered by the General Director of ECPM, Guido van Beusekom, at email@example.com
HRAST - Pokret za uspješnu Hrvatsku je član Europskog kršćanskog političkog pokreta – ECPM-a. ECPM je jedina europska politička stranka koja promišlja i radi na kršćansko-demokratskoj politici u Europi s eksplicitno kršćansko-socijalnog stajališta. Ovaj pokret uključuje kršćansko-demokratske i kršćanske socijalne stranke, nevladine udruge i think tankove u Europi.